Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and if you’re like a lot of other singles out there, you’re probably not thrilled about it. The whole day can feel like one big reminder of your solo status, but what no one has told you is that being single means not having to compromise or sacrifice your needs and wants for a significant other’s. And the best part? You don’t have to share your bed!
If you’re single and in the market for a new mattress, or you’re just ready to break up (with your old one) you’re in the best position possible because you can get exactly what YOU want. And great news — research shows that buying a mattress is a fulfilling and satisfying process! We’ve compiled a guide to help you make that decision, and make it as easy as possible. Because who needs a significant other when your mattress will never leave or betray you?
Do Your Research
- Visit one of the Mattress Firm locations near you to research all of the best mattress options. There are tons of different mattress types and mattress sizes, so do some research to see what qualities you’re looking for. Not having to worry about a significant other’s preferences will leave you with tons of different options when looking at Mattress Firm products!
- Consider your current sleeping positions. If you’re a “starfish sleeper,” — for example — you may want a queen size or king size bed so you have the wiggle room to sprawl out.
- Create a list of “must-haves” and things you’re willing to live without. Going through this process will give you a good idea of what you’re looking for when buying a mattress.
- Put our helpful mattress shopping checklist to work.
While You’re Browsing
- Be upfront about your needs and wants. Having done your research ahead of time will help you communicate your preferences to your Mattress Firm sales expert, and help them lead you in the right direction.
- Try before you buy. The best way to find your perfect match is to actually lie down on the mattresses in-store. Give each mattress a solid five minutes of moving around to different sleeping positions so you can get a feel for its comfort level.
- Don’t leave any stone left unturned. Since you’re only shopping for yourself, be sure and test out all of your options so you don’t overlook anything. There are lots of different kinds of mattresses available, and you don’t want to miss your perfect match!
- Don’t settle. Your sales expert will do everything in his or her power to find the best mattress that’s right for you. But, if you don’t love it right away, don’t be afraid to keep looking.
- Give it some time. A new mattress can take time to adjust to your body, so we recommend giving the mattress a minimum of 30 nights of rest to allow for the adjustment period.
- Find your perfect sleeping accessories. Pillows, sheets and other accessories matter just as much as the mattress itself. Take time to pick out ones that you’ll love and align with your style and comfort preferences. You’ll be that much more happy with your bed!
- If you are not happy with your new bed, Mattress Firm returns are easy. Mattress Firm offers our customers a Happiness Guarantee to ease the stress of your shopping experience and help you buy with confidence. If you are not satisfied with your mattress anytime within 120 nights from original delivery, Mattress Firm will do whatever we can to make you happy.
Right now is a great time to buy a mattress. Find out more about our #LoveAtFirstNight promotion here and save 15% off purchases of $799 or more!
About The Author
The Daily Dozers The Daily Dozers is a team of our finest Mattress Firm sleep happy experts, pooling their expertise to bring you all you need to know on sleep news of the day and the latest trends in sleep health. Sometimes our team of regular Daily Doze contributors (Craig, Ken and Sunni…not to name names) will throw a pillow or two when trying to decide who gets to write about which topic; and when that happens, we let our task force of daily dozin’ specialists play referee, pooling their knowledge on the topic. From super-sized snoring habits to the very real struggle of trying to become a morning person, there’s no topic too tired for The Daily Dozers. Best Night’s Sleep: There’s nothing that this dream team loves more than long walks on the beach to prepare for a peaceful slumber, a warm cup of lavender tea, an old Jane Austen novel and curling up in the comfort of their very own Mattress Firm beds.